Thursday, July 2, 2009

Somebody please.....

stop the world! I want to get off.


This morning (and many others) I awake to my peanuts gorgeous face- up close & personal- saying "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommmyyyy!!!!!! I have resorted to telling her to call me Uncle bob. Anything to not hear her calling me over and over and over again. It was just one of those mornings - as soon as I got up and sat down in a chair (silently hoping she would continue sleeping) she popped right up and started crying. *Sigh* I thought I was gonna have just a few minutes to myself before the world & time began to spin.

Ever have one of those mornings? As soon as you get the cup to your lips to taste your morning coffee or to get just one bite of your food, instant crying or screaming for you. LAUGH. OUT. LOUD. I have to laugh in order to keep from crying.

All in all, that little face saves me from jumping off the building and yet again I will put my needs to the side to serve hers. I think when you look up mom in the dictionary it secretly means servant. Anyhoo, i got up and dragged my behind to the kitchen to get breakfast started and lo and behold my saving grace - all she wanted was a banana! Thank you God for fruit.


Don't you just love the simple things in life? It reminds me that exactly what we need everyday is readily available if we are willing to lay down what we think is ideal. I won't get to go to my family reunion but I WILL get to be with the man I love and my baby girl. Maybe I won't get that cup of coffee to my lips- when I want to- but surely I will get to drink it - even if it is cold. It just reminds me that God has given me all that I need. Including a couple of extra nerves when Leia is pinching my last one!

One thing I am certainly grateful for is time. My "me time" especially. Even if the rest of the world continues to go, I will be able to "stop" and get off for quality time with just me. Now if only my hubby would get home so I can get to that time NOW. Maybe I'll wait for a nice bath?....A girl can dream can't she?

Be sure to stop and come out of your "world" today with some special time set aside just for you.

- Just a thought...

4 comments:

Groovy Baby Blog said...

Hi Candace, thanks for visiting my Blog, also I think this post is so important because we all need some time for Us to do things that make Us happy.
Angela

Tammy said...

Lukewarm, half-finished cups of coffee. . .Morning Mommy Greetings. I think that they're signs of a loving mother, willfullly sacrificing, intentionally being there, and extravagantly loving those whom God has graciously placed in her home!

Radical Selfie said...

"Just a thought", but a rather powerful one, Candace. I take my "me time" very seriously, and I fight for it when I have to. It's so important not to lose sight of the women we were pre-children, because it's our actual selves, not the title of "Mom" (or Uncle Bob..lol) that makes us valuable, not just to our children or partners or families, but to the world in which we reside. Thanks for sharing!

Candace Sheppard said...

right on ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do and agrees!