Wednesday, May 20, 2009

That little face....

just makes everything alright! That was what I woke up to this morning smiling at me and asking for oatmeal. Only as much as I love my peanut, I was instantly hit with the "stop the world, I want to get off" feeling. 


Another day of having to declare that its okay if I have to get up when I really want to sleep & clean when I want to do nothing. Ohhh..... the glory days of being able to get up & go - in minutes flat, sleeping until I'm ready to wake up & being unapologetically self diluted...lol... while none of that was real to begin with - it was fun while it lasted but my goodness, that little face makes it alllll right. 

I think it's God's way of making sure we stay in love with them even when they are driving us Crazy!!!! That being said- I needed to vent- it is all worthwhile. She has challenged me to love harder, be stronger, and be the best me that I can possibly be. What more could anyone ask for?

Keeping my perspective is difficult sometimes and I am sure it is for some of you out there as well. The truth is if we really take a second look at the things that we bypass everyday we will find the peace, joy & fulfillment that we are looking for right in front us. Or even in the little faces we long to care for everyday. Don't forget that squeezing in a little time to care for the face you see staring back at you in the mirror is worthwhile too. 

Just a thought.....

0 comments: