Monday, June 8, 2009

Been away.....

for a couple of days. Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of coordinating a wedding for my clients Kerry-Ann Stewart & Robert McDonald. If you're saying to yourself - Clients? What does she mean by that? Well I haven't gone into details before but I also coordinate weddings aside from being a "Pro" SAHM. It became a business after me & my honey planned our own wedding, only I've intentionally slowed things down since I had my lil' peanut. It's awesome because I have the freedom to take on as much or as little work as I want.


Preparing for the wedding was what kept the computer & blogging at bay for me. I was out doing my favorite thing of all - SHOPPING! I had to find a dress & shoes that were both formal & professional. I think I did a Fabulous job! How well do you think I did ladies? I spent some well deserved "me time" getting pampered- nails done, toes done, the whole she bang - and I'm glad I did cause my dawgs were barkin' after doing all that walking in heels. (Translation: My feet were hurtin' ya'll...HURTIN' - not even hurting! LOL)


I found the dress at Charlotte Russe - $35.00 and the shoes at Famous Footwear for $ $34.00, by the way they were having a buy one get one 50% off sale and I snagged these awesome slippers from Dr. Scholls for me to work in after the wedding ceremony. They were only $12.50!!! You know I was happy - Dress - $35.00, Shoes - $34.00, looking good for less... PRICELESS!!! LOL I'm sorry ladies - I love that MasterCard commercial & I just couldn't help myself.

Outside of having fun shopping last week, this wedding was hands down one of the best & most fun I have ever planned! The bride was a vision & the groom was sharp! They were the easiest couple to work with and very gracious, they always said thank you & I am going to miss them terribly. I was most blown away by their patience though, it was unlike anything I had ever seen. They were patient for 9 years - while they each completed college & started their careers- got all of their "ducks" in order & then got married. Isn't that awesome? How many of us are that methodical about our decision making? I know I am not but they were definitely a great example of how we can apply the truth of patience & determination to all aspects of our lives even as moms.

The also reminded me that Love is patient. I hope & pray that the next time my peanut( or my hubby) is driving me crazy that I will remember their example & be an example myself. I'm sure you all will too.

- Just a thought...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...I know you said you've intentionally slowed things down with the wedding planning but if you're interested in kicking it up a notch, I have a friend, fellow blogger and wedding planner you might like to "meet". Just let me know. And you looked fabulous ~LOVE the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Here's my friend's site:
http://itsajaimething.com/

I also sent her a link to yours.

Cyndi
www.somuchmorethanamom.com

Candace Sheppard said...

Thanks Cyndi!

Daiquiri said...

What a fun little secret life you've been living :) And how great is it that you have a good reason to go shopping and get all dressed up from time to time. Dressed up for me is putting on the jeans that don't have a hole!