Monday, June 22, 2009

There is nothing....

more frustrating than tying your own hands when you want to make progress.


I am the kind of person that loves to plan for things ahead of time. Anything involving a celebration, a party, no matter what you can name I LOVE to plan for it. But as my personality would have it I HATE to plan for anything that involves my finances. I would much rather live in the moment than listen to the voice of reason (or God's word) and save for the unexpected.


I recently got notice from my mom that all of my family is gathering in New York for a reunion come the fourth of July. ALL. OF. MY. FAMILY. I haven't seen some of them since I was about 14 years old and surely none of them have even met my husband or even seen a picture of my daughter. Now you know I was excited but that was quickly interrupted when reality hit me. I started to hear the twilight zone theme playing when I asked myself....

Do we have the money saved to make a last minute trip to No Money, I mean New York City?

Sadly, I heard my hubby tell me no we don't. I have tried to think of everything I could do to force the situation (and God's hand in many instances) so that we can go and nothing works. All I can hear echoing in my head is the verse:


Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty.

God's word does not come back void and surely He is no liar. My being hasty to spend has caused me to miss out on a once in a lifetime kind of opportunity cause God knows the last time we got together was for my Abuelita's funeral.... 11 years ago! What's crazy is knowing that the "unexpected" might come I still didn't save. I wasn't even considering the possibility of this or any opportunity being missed. Well the possibility is no more as it sadly has become my reality.

The only hope I can hold onto now is prayer that some how, some way God will make a way for me and if not that he'll give me the peace to surrender to the position I put myself in and Learn from it. I cannot stress the importance of preparing yourself - not just for everyday things like cooking & cleaning & whatever else it is you have to do but the important things like making time for yourself, friends & family. Even the unexpected - hurricanes, family losses, I mean you you name it - if you're caught with your drawers down you'll be embarrassed every time (Pardon my language). The truth is that even though we live like tomorrow is promised, it isn't and when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is time well spent with the ones you love. Including you.

Be sure to make a little time to prepared for the "unexpected"that can surely be expected to come your way and in between that take some time for you. I'm off to enjoy at least that much.....LOL... *sigh*

Just a thought....


0 comments: